We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Dubrovnik, Croatia

Ireland
6 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in Dubrovnik, Croatia

Can you recommend good restaurants in Dubrovnik? going there tomorrow and haven't heard much about the food

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Dubrovnik, Croatia

you will be spoiled for choice for restaurants in Dubrovnik - they are everywhere - every kind of food, every price - every theme - also don't just limit yourself to the "ground floor" of the old town - walk through the buildings and up to the second level for more restaurants.

Good luck

Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Dubrovnik, Croatia

We ate in a restaurant on the second floor near lapad - where our hotel was.

The service was very poor, the food was worse, and when I complained nobody cared. It was also very expensive. I would be very careful in choosing where to eat - look before you leap - study the reaction of the other guests. This town has a captive audience and knows it.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Dubrovnik, Croatia

was your second floor in lapad, in the Lapad district, or in the old town - can you remember the place.

I was talking about the "second floor" inside the old walls of Dubrovnik, i.e. through the alleys and up the steps - not a second floor in a building, but a second level in the outdoors with shops and restaurants if you know what I mean

USA
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Dubrovnik, Croatia

Since no one actually told you good restaurants I will. Im sure Ive written about this before (Search posts), but anyway

Old Town:

Dundo Maroje, by St. Blaise church (fair price)

Proto, on Siroka Street off of Stradun (expensive, but worth it, sit on the upstairs terrace, might need reservations)

Fish sandwich shop, on ground floor of Proto across from Escada and Lush (also on Siroka street obviously, cheap-avg price)

Sesame, not within the walls, its a little walk up the road from Pile, (kind of expensive, but not really) its across from Hotel Imperial near the Chinese restaurant (btw, I dont recommend the chinese restaurant)

Lapad:

Dont have so much time so Ill list them and you find them...

Fellini, italian, good for lunch

Adriatic, also italian, homemade pasta

Levanant, great views!! better seafood

Barun, mmmmmm best steak, also great seafood

These are restaurants that I go to and particularly enjoy. Im going to Barun tmrw or Saturday... want some steak and baked potato. Not really Croatian, but I get enough of that at home.

ps. Nautica restaurant is overrated, sorry. Same owners as Proto though, go figure.