We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please - we want to visit Hvar

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Help please - we want to visit Hvar

We are flying in and out of Dubrovnik, arriving Thurs 29th May (9 nights). We want to stay in Hvar for 3 nights. Just been looking at the ferry timetables on the Jadrolinija website. What date does the summer schedule (more frequent ferries) begin? Is there any other ferry that goes from Dubrovnik to Hvar?

We looked at going to Hvar (Jadrolinija) on Sat 31st May 9am-4:30pm. The next returning ferry from Hvar to Dubrovnik is on Mon 2nd June 9am-4:15pm. This will only give one full day to explore the area (2 days spent travelling). The next return ferry is on Fri 6th 8:15am-2:30pm - however, we want to spend more time in and around Dubrovnik.

So this is our proposed itinerary: we catch the Sat 31st May ferry to Hvar. Spend 3 nights there. And then first thing on Tues 3rd June, take the Krilo ferry to Split (morning). This will give us the day to explore Split and we can catch a late afternoon bus back to Dubrovnik. Is this feasible? Alternatively we could do this vice versa - just need to sort out the dates! Is it a good idea to book all the transport (ferries and bus) now? Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,066 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help please - we want to visit Hvar

I would stay in Korcula! I did like the looks of Vela Luka, but I think I would like Korcula more. The view from Gatti is great. Another option would be the Royal Apartment. My father stayed there and really liked it and it is right next to the Old Town.

dalmatianet.com/korcula%2Droyal%2Dapartments…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help please - we want to visit Hvar

Hello, my wife and I will be in Dubrovnik at the same time and plan to travel to Hvar as well. Our plan was to travel by ferry on May 31st from Dubrovnik to Hvar, but when I look on the Jadrolinija website there is no ferry to Hvar on that date. Did you have your dates mistaken, or did this ferry get booked up?

As it stands, it appears that our only option, if we still want to travel on May 31st, is to take a bus to Split and then from there catch a ferry to Hvar. Does anybody else have any other suggestions? Thanks for your help. Cheers!

13. Re: Help please - we want to visit Hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 26, 2009