We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik Beaches?

nyc
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Dubrovnik Beaches?

I will be staying at the Hilton the 3rd week of July & would like to know how far from the beach is the hotel? Is it worth it to take a ferry to a nearby island? Thanks so much!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,390 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik Beaches?

The Hilton is right next to the Pile Gate in the Old Town and the beach (Banje) would be nearer to the Ploce Gate to the Old Town. But really not too far at all. And depending on how much time you have you could always go out on a boat to Lokrum, which is the island you can see from the Old Town.

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik Beaches?

If you go to the Pile Gate, near your hotel, and walk through it, you will be on the Stradun (main "street"). A walk down this street will take you to the Ploce gate and it might be another 500 meters to Banje Beach. I love the beach there. You could go to Lokrum...or even Lopud...Lopud has Sunj beach which is sandy, but it is quite a walk from where the boat drops you off on the island.

I would recommend getting a lounge chair at the East West Club on Banje beach.

3. Re: Dubrovnik Beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 30, 2009