We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September trip

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
shropshire, uk
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
September trip

My husband and I have planned a two week holiday to Dubrovnik in September. We're staying in a private apartment near the Hilton hotel. I have a couple of questions.

1. We're due to arrive at about 3pm on a Sunday afternoon. Will there be any shops/supermarkets open for essentials (coffee, wine etc)?

2. I've heard about one of the beaches in Dubrovnik that hire out deluxe sunbeds. Does anyone know where this is and if so how much they are to hire for the day?

3. Is it worth hiring a car or should we use public transport?

4. What sort of temperature can we expect.

Thanks

Mawil

zadar
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: September trip

I suggest you some tour like..

Dubrovnik - Korcula - Hvar - Split - Dubrovnik...

you dont need car... this is make with ferry .

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: September trip

1. most chain supermarkets should be open until 8-9 pm.Most petrol stations are open 24/7 some essentials may be found there too.

2. I have no clue about particular beach. (but most stuff are "de luxe" in the area.

3.If you will be focused on city and hopping on near by islands than ditch the car.Car gives you more flexibility for mainland places of interest in 50-100mi range.

4.Warm but not stuffy.Average is 28 C

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: September trip

Regarding the beach chairs...you can go to Banje beach and get deluxe beds. I can't remember the specific cost, but it was not outrageous and was definitely worth it. There is a bar that will serve you drinks on that part of the beach as well. A great spot! This beach is not too far from Ploce Gate.

Italy
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: September trip

Hello,

Regarding the luxury beach, it is Eastwest Beach Club in Dubrovnik.

I am not sure how much they charge it and I am not sure if I can leave their web here, but you can type Eastwest Beach Club in Dubrovnik in Google and check their web site.

Also, Dubrovnik is not too big to rent a car there, because you can easily reach any location on foot. Renting a car there is vaste of money and time because you can't find parking in the ceter, specially in high season.

Regards

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: September trip

Yep...that is the name of the bar that will serve you on Banje beach....thanks Laura!

Vancouver
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: September trip

Hi there!

I go to Dubrovnik every September and absolutely love it. As a matter of fact will be there this September again.

In regards to your questions:

1) Everything is open from very early in the morning until late at night - often past 10:00pm. This is a tourist hot spot and they are open for business. There is a supermarket in the Old Town so you can get supplies there. In terms of wine merchants, there is an amazing wine shop in the main square and you really should be going to cafes for coffee. Cafe culture is a vital part of the Croatian experience.

2) The beach that you are talking about is called East West and is very Miami-like. The chairs run 50kuna. The beach is right beside the public beach and is within a 5 minutes walk from the Old Town. Ask anyone where East West is and they will point you in the right direction.

3) DO NOT HIRE A CAR - there is little to no parking in the area. Most of what you will be doing is in the Old Town and it is foot traffic only. The Hilton is also 2 minutes from the bus terminal so you can hop on there if you want to got to Gruz, Lapad or Cavtat.

Hope this helps and make sure you try the burek at a local bakery!

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: September trip

FYI...Banje Beach (and its East West Club) in Dubrovnik has been named the 3rd most beautiful beach in the world by Marie Clarie magazine for its summer issue...just in case anyone doubted the beach's legitimacy!!!

8. Re: September trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, August 30, 2009