We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

Hi Everyone, My husband and I will be coming by cruise ship October 7th and spending a day in Dubrovnik. We'll be doing an excursion until 12:30 and then we're on our own for the remainder of the day and night. The boat departs at 10pm that night. After the excursion I booked lunch at Restaurant Pantarul because of reviews on trip advisor. We'll be taking a 5-10 minute taxi to get there. After that I'd like to walk along the wall in the old city, take cable car and maybe kayak to Lokrum Island and have a drink at the Buza Bar. Latter we'll just explore the city on foot. Is Restaurant Pantarul worth taking the taxi ride or should I pick something closer that we can get to on foot? Is this a good itinerary or do you have other recommendations? I'm open to suggestions:) We're 60 and 61 years old but very active. Thanks in advance for your input

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Pantarul
Pantarul
1,687 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Lokrum
Lokrum
124 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
19 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

I think that sounds like a good itinerary! I didn't make the trip to Pantarul so I can't tell you if it's worth it, but I do think there are also great options in the Old Town that you wouldn't need to travel for. I'd recommend Horizont, they have great tables overlooking the new port and classic fare!

I posted more details about the meal and our 48 hour itinerary on my blog if you're interested!

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Pantarul
Pantarul
1,687 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Restaurant Horizont
Restaurant Horizont
873 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
194 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

Panorama restaurant up the mountain has unrivalled views. It's a bit pricey due to the location but maybe worth doing for your only day in Dubrovnik? You can get there on the cable car which only takes about 5 minutes.

We also liked Gusta Me which is an Italian restaurant near the Ploce gate with views of the wall and harbour. It's next to Horizont - which Paige has mentioned. Maybe go and look at both of their menus and see which one you fancy.

Edited: 11:32 am, September 06, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Panorama Restaurant
Panorama Restaurant
1,998 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Gusta Me
Gusta Me
558 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Ploce Gate
Ploce Gate
137 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Restaurant Horizont
Restaurant Horizont
873 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

Hi PaigeR, I just read your great article! The history of the war was so interesting. Thanks for all your effort. I'll take a look at the Horizont Restaurant as well. Thanks, Pat

Mentioned in this post
Restaurant Horizont
Restaurant Horizont
873 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

SamW thank you for the restaurant recommendations. They both look great. The menu for Gustame looks especially appealing. I love fresh seafood! There are sooo many choices it's a overwhelming:) Thanks again, Pat

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
703 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

Konoba Veranda at Stikovica, outside Dubrovnik. You won't find better food or people.

Mentioned in this post
Konoba Veranda
Konoba Veranda
534 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

HiSpotty_teapot, Is that walking distance from the old town or would we need to take a cab? Do you think we'd need reservations? Did you ever book your kayak trip? If so who did you end up choosing? Thanks, Pat

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
59,278 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

Taj Mahal in the Old Town was very good!

Mentioned in this post
Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal
3,785 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
703 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

You would have to take a cab, but if you use Uber it's not much (about 70 kuna from the Pile gate). You would also have to make a reservation, and if your time is limited (ie: you have to be back at the boat for a certain time) make sure you tell them so they can make a note of that (ask them to, they are very kind and will understand) with your booking. Yes, we did the Sunset kayak tour with Xadventure, and it was fantastic..I will never forget it!

Mentioned in this post
Pile Gate
Pile Gate
2,027 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
587 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

I would recommend Panorama restaurant up in Srd Hill. Bit pricey but worth for its 360 deg fabulous views of Dubrovnik and surrounding islands.

See my review of the restaurant here!

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Panorama Restaurant
Panorama Restaurant
1,998 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?

Happy spotty_teapot, I sent a Facebook message to Konya Veranda and I'm waiting for a response. I couldn't find an email address. It does look like a very special place. How long of a ride do you think it is from downtown?

Hi Karan3842, I read read your review of your trip and enjoyed it very much. The pictures were really beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to do that. Regards, Pat

Mentioned in this post
Konya
Konya
Konya Province, Turkey
Reply to: One day in Dubrovnik-Which restaurant?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted