We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about the Jadrolinija website

Which Split hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Questions about the Jadrolinija website

Hello,

I have found the info I need on the Jadrolinija website for the ferry I want to take from Split to Ancona on October 12 that leaves at 9 pm , but can't seem to reserve or book. Am I missing something on the website? Can someone please help me with this? Must I reserve in advance? Are there other ferry services offering the same route on the same day, or is Jadrolinija the only one?

TA's are the best, thanks to all who have been replying to my posts (will be visiting more than Croatia and have posted on other TA forums as well) with assistance. I can't wait to get to Europe! Wish we could all grab a beer together!

Gretchen

paris
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about the Jadrolinija website

Jadronlina is the one within Croatia. You book on the day of departure. You should be there an hour before the scheduled departure time, but if it's a small boat, you might want to give yourself more time (particularly the car ferry). Here is a website for croatia ferries that also travel to italy. Hope this helps

findcroatia.com/transportation_croatia/ferri…

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about the Jadrolinija website

Blueline should have a sailing on the Split Ancona route as well. Check on both websites but from memory you can book Blueline online whereas Jadrolinija you will have to use one of the booking agents listed in your country.

USA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about the Jadrolinija website

Gretchen,

Have you checked this thoroughly? We will be in Croatia from Oct. 1-20, but we were not able to use the ferries because most of them stop running about the middle of October. I got that off the Jadrolinija web site.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about the Jadrolinija website

Hi Atlanta7,

Looked at the Jadrolinija website again tonight and it is stil showing Split to Ancona on Oct 12. I also checked dates for the the last teo weeks in October and it appears to have the same Su, Tu, Th schedule. Sure hope it's right. I wil also try Blueline.

G

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about the Jadrolinija website

Hi Atlanta7,

Looked at the Jadrolinija website again tonight and it is stil showing Split to Ancona on Oct 12. I also checked dates for the the last teo weeks in October and it appears to have the same Su, Tu, Th schedule. Sure hope it's right. I wil also try Blueline.

G

6. Re: Questions about the Jadrolinija website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 22, 2009