We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Split to Hvar

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
40 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Split to Hvar

My husband and I will be going to Hvar in early July from Italy and are getting mixed feedback about our choice of transportation. As of now our plan is as follows:

Fly out from Milan, Italy and Land in Split, Croatia at 3:45 PM

Catch a ferry and/or catamarran to Hvar

Bus or cab to Hvar town/apartment.

We've been told that getting to the port may take about 2 hours and then getting to Hvar town from the port may take another 1 hour. Does this sound accurate? Any input would be much appreciated.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
51,462 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Split to Hvar

The ferry from Split to Stari Grad on Hvar will take two hours bit I don't think the bus to Hvar Town takes an hour...the catamaran from Split to Hvar Town takes only one hour.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Split to Hvar

Check the ferry and catamaran schedules..www.jadolinija.hr Click on English. Some to Korcula also stop at Hvar Town.. It will be tight, but there is a 5PM catamaran to Hvar. L If your apartment is in Hvar, then get a catamaran directly there. Buses meet all ferries in Stari Grad, fare is $6 to Hvar, about 30 minutes. Cabs can be expensive depending on how many are free and time of day.

3. Re: Traveling from Split to Hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 23, 2015