We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour to blue cave (vis island)

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Topic
Day tour to blue cave (vis island)

I am thinking of joining a day tour to vis island for the blue cave. Any tour company recommended? Is there any difference in terms of itinerary and cost if I go from Split or Hvar? It does matter as the decision affects where I book my accommodation. Many thanks.

Dalmatian tour
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, Day Trips
Avere Tourism
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Durham
Level Contributor
5,346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour to blue cave (vis island)

It is a long journey from both, but closer to Hvar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour to blue cave (vis island)

Hvar is a bit closer to Vis, but not much.

Split has more agencies and options to choose from. There are tours where in one day you get to visit both Vis and Hvar, as they use speed boats. Note that they stop at Hvar on the way back to Split.

You can always book accommodation in Split and go to Vis for a day and then take a trip to Blue Cave from Komiza.

From Split there are many agencies that offer such tours, you can Google them and take your pick. From Vis there are also many agencies, but there's an agency I used, called Srebrna, which had good itinerary and price.

Remember that visits to the blue cave are always in the morning/early afternoon because the light entering the cave has to be right.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour to blue cave (vis island)

lots of speedboats now do the tour from split--and what;'s great is that they stop at Hvar, the Blue Cave and even Vis and still get you back around 7....try toursplit.com, portal.com and hvartours.com which goes from Hvar....but at 25-30knots, going from Split is a kick!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
191 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour to blue cave (vis island)

try http://www.portal-trogir.com/, we've found them a great company and extremely helpful if you email them in advance of your holiday

Trogir, Croatia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tour to blue cave (vis island)

for private excursion check http://mayer-charter.com/, so depends do YOu need private or group tour..

6. Re: Day tour to blue cave (vis island)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 20, 2015