We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

Which Split hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brentwood, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

Hi.

I have an early morning flight from Split with Croatian Airlines and I was wondering if anyone knows if the 5:30am bus will get me there in enough time to check-in etc.

I know that there are buses put on to coincide with all Croatian Airline flights but I can't believe that when the airport's 25 km away a bus at 5:30 will get me there in time. Or is 15 mins all that's needed to clear security and take off? It seems way too tight a time frame!

Any help would be much appreciated, otherwise I'll end up with a pricey private taxis for piece of mind.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

I think our friend Kasata ( ice cream?) probably left if not I agree Trogir..Villa Jadran decsent 3+++ hotel for 39 Euros!!!

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

Coming from Korcula at 7:30PM and then spending $50 a taxi to Trogir, 30-45 minutes, and then another $30 back to the airport in the morning when you can have a night in Split and spend way less than 250 pounds does not make sense to me. Online rates for the Luxe are very reasonable for a four star hotel a downhill walk of less than 10 minutes from where he has to be to catch the early bus

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

I am not sure what on sites sightseeing is looking at. I just looked at 3 seperate sites for any 1 night in June at hotel Luxe all are 350 dollars for 1 night!!!

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

Well, I live here and am VERY aware of prices.....and one night at the Luxe on June 15th is $178 on booking.com, for example. So I don;t want to argue with anyone...the point here is the traveler is coming in at 7:30 at night and going to Trogir or anyplace out of Split will cost cab fare there and then in the morning to the airport. So this is at least $70 or $80 on cabs. For most people, being in a highly rated TA four star hotel for under $200 a night is a fair deal during high season. And I think if he looks hard enough, he can even do better. Not that the Luxe is the only hotel. Within a short 10-15 minute walk there are lots of hotels...the Slavija, for example, only three stars and less expensive. Point is, spend the last night relaxing, enjoying a wonderful ancient city, get up way too early and walk 15 minutes to a bus that takes you nonstop to the airport for $6. Case closed

Durham
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

More a matter of mind closed than case closed. There are three long distance buses from Split to Trogir between 8 and 9pm so there is no need for anyone arriving at Split port at 7.30pm to take a taxi. If the OP wants to experience Split at night he should stay there. But if I had an early morning flight I'd choose to stay in Trogir, partly because I find it more beautiful, but mainly because I can stay in bed 20 minutes longer.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

The traveler in question asked to stay in Split. If dragging suitcases to a bus at 8 that doesnt get into Trogir until close to 9 and then getting a cab to the hotel because Trogir is "more beautiful" makes sense to the traveler, then go for it. Seems to me that spending more time on the last night of vacation here in Split and walking to your hotel is just less stressful. The issue again isn't cost, but quality time. Trogir is quite fabulous...but both the Cathedral and other fascinating sights are long closed by the time the traveler gets there....the 1,700 year old Diocletian's Palace however, is not.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

So of course no one is arguing here, the forum is for suggesting our ideas to the traveller. We don't even know the date of travel, so sure any hotel be it Trogir or Split can vary in price given the exact day and month, also I did not read anywhere that the person asked to stay in Split, and as he said he is usualy better organized than this. So for all I know at this point he could get off the ferry at 7,30 pm, place his luggage in storage somewhere, go visit the palace , then have a great supper, and then go to a club and party for a few hours until he hops on that first bus at 5 something!! Come to think of it the 200 dollars or so saving a hotel room, and taxis..can give you agreat meal followed by a nice night out!!! Kasata..I hope you finaly fill us in on what you finaly did or will do to catch that 6,15 am flight, our future posts to others may depend on it!!! Final thought why not get off the ferry at 7,30 pm rent that car and drive to Zagreb..heck you would be there before midnight..and get a great night sleep !!!!

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

Although Split was not mentioned per se the traveler clearly said they were coming from Korcula. Thismeans the arrival is Split most likely at 7 30pm or so Hanging out for the night and saving $150 to 200 is a creative suggestion! Curious to are their reply!

19. Re: Transfer to Split Airport for 6:15am flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 03, 2014