We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar or Bol?

Which Split hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hvar or Bol?

Planning on visiting Croatia in June/July and can't decide between staying in Hvar or Bol. We're a couple with a 5 year old and like good food, beach, a charming place, nice evening walks... just a really beautiful place really.

Any recommendations? Our favourite place last time was Dubrovnik, just loved it. I initially thought of Bol as it's more laid back, but then thought Hvar might be more similiar to Dubrovnik's feel?? Does Hvar get too loud and boisterous now?

Many thanks.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
241 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Hvar or Bol?

I would skip Brela, especially in July, it will be too crowdy! Just relax and stay in Komiža, it's a nice little fishermen village. And as if you'll have a car, you'll find many beautiful child friendly beaches on the island! Don't miss Modra Špilja! (the Blue Cave) on the small island Biševo! I am so sorry that I don't have a contact of the family where I was... But I hope you'll find something suitable! Have a nice stay!

22. Re: Hvar or Bol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 04, 2014