We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

Sussex, England
Level Contributor
43 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

We are staying in Trogir for a couple of days and want to take the bus to Dubrovnik, arriving as early as possible so that we can look round for accomodation. The only times I can find on the web are very early (about 0700), probably too early to catch from Trogir and very late 1715, not getting to Dubrovnik until after 2100.

Does anyone know if there are other buses running during the day, so we could get from Trogir through Split to Dubrovnik by mid-afternoon?

Thanks for any assistance.

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
USA
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

Split-Dubrovnik go about every hour or two.

Trogir to Split is very frequent, about every 30min.

Are you sure there are only 2 buses going Trogir-Dubrovnik?

On Dubrovnik bus website http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/dolazak.html I found these arrivals from Trogir:

TROGIR 8.30 10.50 14.30 17.30 18.30 19.30 20.40 21.45

Your best bet is when you get to Trogir, go to their main bus station, inquire about buses, and buy yourself a ticket. Dont trust everything you read on the web.

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Sussex, England
Level Contributor
43 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

Much appreciated marzbar, you have set our minds at rest. The website you gave has the timetable. Obviously I did not find it on my search. We can have our few days in Trogir, have a leisurely breakfast and be confident we get to Dubrovnik before evening.

Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

Yes, thanks from me also. I had not found that site yet and I needed the reverse schedule.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

How long does it take to go from Split to Dubrovnik by bus?

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Split
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

You can find all important links related to Split (including bus station and schedule) on this webpage:

www.dalmatia.net/pages/destination.aspx?lid=1

Tennessee
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

The bus from Split to Dub. is almost 41/2 hours.I am thinking of spending 3 days on Hvar and taking a ferry to Dub. but is unable to finnd a catamaran service(I am not driving)Is there a ferry timetable I can find?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
957 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

to frankj

Hello,

There is no catamaran from Hvar to Dubrovnik; you could take a catamaran from Split to Korcula korculainfo.com/ferries/catamaran-korcula.htm and then by ferry www.jadrolinija.hr to Dubrovnik; but in that case you have to spend a night in Korcula; the other possibility is by bus from Hvar to Starigrad /Hvar/ and then take a ferry “Marko Polo” /only on Fridays and Mondays early in the morning about 8.00 AM/, and the third possibility, from Hvar to Split and then by BUS to Dubrovnik www.ak-split.hr

bye

jeanne

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

Try taking the bus to Sucuraj on Hvar and then the ferry to Drvenik. From Drvenik there is a ferry to Korcula. From Korcula to Dubrovnik in Julay and August there is the high speed line 9807 departing at 1600 four days a week and taking 2 hr 35 min to get to Dubrovnik.

Mentioned in this post
Drvenik
Drvenik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
NEw Zealand
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

We want to travel with 2 children Split to Dubrovnik. Is the bus trip a comfortable one?Does it stop anywhere along the way?

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
New Jersey
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus timetable Split to Dubrovnik

We plan to travel by bus from Split to Dubrovnik and have a number of questions:

1. Do we have to make reservation for the bus?

2. How early should we be at the bus station to catch a specific bus?

3. Does the bus have storage for our luggage? Is there any limitation as to the size of the luggage?

4. Do we need a visa when the bus passes through Bosnia?

5. Is the bus airconditioned? Do they have a restroom?

Thanks for the info.

sg2000

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik