We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting around Croatia

Wilmington Delaware
Level Contributor
188 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
getting around Croatia

We are planning on traveling in Sept 2006 and would like to know the best way to see Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik, possibly Korcula in 6 days. We will fly to Split (from Rome) on a Monday evening and from there travel to Dubrovnik, but need to return to Split by Sunday afternoon for our flight back to Rome. We have already investigated the Jadrolinija ferry schedules, but unfortunately they did not offer the most convenient schedules. It appeared that the Ferry from Dubrovnik to Split (stopping also in Korcula and Hvar)only left on Wed and Sundays and from Split to Dubrovnik on Mondays and Fridays which would not work with our timetable. Currently, we are planning on renting a car to drive back and forth between Split and Dubrovnik. We are then trying to take the Ferry from Split to Hvar, however, that ferry leaves Split in the mid afternoon and the only return ferry is early the next morning (based on the schedules we found), thus making a day trip from Split to Hvar inconvenient. Is it possible to make a day trip to Hvar from Split? Is it possible to charter a boat to take you to all of these places versus driving? Or are there other ferry options that offer more times throughout the day for travel between these locations?

USA
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: getting around Croatia

If I were you I would go from Split to Hvar to Korcula to Dubrovnik, then drive back to Split.

Go here for info: http://www.korcula.net/grad/pitanja/krilo.htm

Jadrolinija timetable is not out yet for next summer so its difficult to say whats the best itinerary time/day wise. But I definately say go straight to Hvar the first day you get to Croatia (if possible) and spend 2 nights, on Korcula 1 night, Dubrovnik 2 nights, and Split 1 night to be on the safe side for your flight the next afternoon.

It is possible to day trip to Hvar from Split - there are organized day trips from several tour companies. Might be possible with jadrolinija too but you need to wait for their timetables to come out in the springtime. Is it possible to charter a boat - yes, there are many charter companies, you can even hire a captain - great idea! Other ferry options are available, wait for the timetables, in the meantime investigate charters from split.

san francisco, ca
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: getting around Croatia

Did you figure out the best way to get from Hvar to Dubrovnik? I'm having trouble getting there! Thanks,

steph

san francisco, ca
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: getting around Croatia

Did you figure out the best way to get from Hvar to Dubrovnik? I'm having trouble getting there! Thanks,

steph

4. Re: getting around Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 23, 2009