We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary to Dalmation coast family with 3 children under 5

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary to Dalmation coast family with 3 children under 5

Dear All,

Planning a 10 day trip in July to the Dalmation Coast arriving in Split. Any suggestions on the itinerary and is it wise to only book upon arrival in each new place with family in tow? Any suggestions much appreciated as not traveled with all our 3 boys together before.

Thank you, Jeanette.

1. Re: Itinerary to Dalmation coast family with 3 children under 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:01 pm, April 02, 2008
Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary to Dalmation coast family with 3 children under 5

Firstly you did not mention if you were planning on hiring a car - if so you could drive down from Split towards Dubrovnik stopping in Markaska which is nice plus lots of other nice areas on way.

If you are not you can take ferries or catamarans to Hvar, Korcula and Brac spending a few nights in each area. I am sure there are members on this forum who have made such trips and can advise as well.

As to booking accommodation I would recommend that once you have decided on an itinerary that you book in advance as July and August are the busiest months in Croatia especially if you have the three boys with you

Should you need any more information please do not hesitate to ask and I (and I am sure other members) will advise as best we can !

Have a good trip

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,036 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary to Dalmation coast family with 3 children under 5

I don't know how old your boys are, but Bol on Brac might be a good place to visit during your 10 days. I would also think you should get to Dubrovnik. I think for peace of mind you should develop an itinerary and try to pre-book your rooms. I think you might be able to get away with just showing up, but July is pretty busy and you might end up with something you won't like or spend too much time looking for something you will like.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary to Dalmation coast family with 3 children under 5

Hello,

since you have 3 children under 5, I think that the best choice would be, as Barry said, Bol or maybe Makarska Rivijera (Brela or Baska Voda) for its sandy beach...

bye

jeanne

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary to Dalmation coast family with 3 children under 5

Thanks everybody for your very useful suggestions. I will try and check out the ferry website too.

6. Re: Itinerary to Dalmation coast family with 3 children under 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 24, 2009