We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

split beaches and accomodation

milano
2 posts
Save Topic
split beaches and accomodation

I am arriving from Ancona to Split and plan to stay in that area for 2 days. Does anyone know a nice beach and good accomodation (not hotel) in split or not so far away?

thanks everyone

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,039 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: split beaches and accomodation

How about looking up in Trogir?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: split beaches and accomodation

Split is not really known for great beaches.... If I were you I would find private accomodation in Split old town ( try the old folk waiting at the bus stop ... oh and always make sure they show you the accomodation position on a map) and make day trips to beaches eg. Bacvice

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: split beaches and accomodation

Hello,

I am in Split now and I am from Split, so, don't go to Bacvice beach... a very nice beach is Znjan - take a 15, 8 or 17 bus from the city center and, believe me, you won't be sorry... water is clean, very nice people and nice cafes... just, don't stop on the first beach, go on the right - and you'll see where you could stop; if you didn't find an accommodation, try hotel "More" - it is almost on the beach

have a nice trip

jeanne

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: split beaches and accomodation

Yes listen to Jeanne67 - I only saw it from afar but I think Bacvice would be crowded and frustrating.... hence not as clean.

Split Croatia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: split beaches and accomodation

Im also from city Split and beach bacvice is very beautiful sendy beach so If you like sendy beach bacvice You must go in sandy beach Bacvice .

Bacvice beach is very clean because non-stop blow wind Bura or Jugo so Bacvice is very clean beach!

If You like rocky beach You must go on Marjan hill beach like rocky beach bene ,rocky beach kašuni,rocky beach Obojena Svjetlost!

I reccommend that You rent a bike and then You can visit all beches in Marjan Hill and also sandy beach Bacvice .......

Žnjan is also good but its very big distance from center city Split and If You go with bus You can lost many time for waiting bus about 45minutes ......Bus in city Split is very slowly and very dirty ........

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: split beaches and accomodation

Hey Nikola,

I've just came back from Split; I have an appartment in Znjan; 45 minutes from city center???? - yes if you walk along the sea... it's usually 10-20 minutes by bus /it depends on treffic/ - from Pazar to Znjan / as regards Bacvice - the perfect place to play Picigin, it was my very favourite beach when I was 17; Obojena is OK; Kasjuni /Marjan/, as you say - rocks...

Anyway, give my love to Our Split

bog

jeanne

7. Re: split beaches and accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:34 am, March 17, 2008
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: split beaches and accomodation

I am on Bacvice every day and I always suggest people to go there.If they said is not clean I said you are right.There is no crowd on Bacviuce in the morning.The best and nearest becah.Belive me or not

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: split beaches and accomodation

you got beach bacvice which is nearest and then from bacvice to the east you can pick up a good place for you,

and you also got beaches on the other west of centre of split,

its bay obojena, and also 10 min from obojena to the west is kašuni, that is also beautiful and more peaceful, you can reach with bus 12.

10. Re: split beaches and accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:10 pm, July 21, 2008