We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New in Ukraine

Donetsk, Ukraine
6 posts
Save Topic
New in Ukraine

Hi Everyone,

I am new in Ukraine and this forum. These informations are exactly perfect and useful. Thank you all. Because since I arrived Kharkov (3 days) I haven't seen an Ukrainian who knows English :( but some restaurants and shopping centers. And there is no English explanation in Zoos, Museums, Menus in restaurants.. etc :( I am here for interview with some universities and vacation also. Today i planned to go to Gorky Park in the evening. Things to do in Kharkiv link is really helpful. I have 2 weeks more in Ukraine. I want to see Kiev, Lviv, Odessa too. Hope I could meet some Ukrainian who knows English and have some friends :) See you..

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New in Ukraine

Hi Mustafa,

Nice to meet you :) Even though your experience with Ukraine is not that positive, I hope to give you some useful recommendations:

1. Use Internet to reach any interesting sight in Kharkov - now they can all be found in Google and Google Maps

2. Find English-speaking clubs in Kharkov to meet English-speaking locals. I don't know of any there, because I have never stayed in that city for a long time, but I am sure they do exist. Just search for them in Google.

3. Try to pick up and use some Russian words like Thank you (Spasibo) or Help me to find ... (Pomogite naiti...) etc.

As for your further stay, I can advise you some nice sights to see in Kiev, depending on your interests. Here we have many historical places, eating-out places and parks - do you already know, how many days you would like to spend in Kiev?

Best regards,

Yuriy

Donetsk, Ukraine
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New in Ukraine

Hello Yuriy,

Thank you for your advises. I am doing just like that now :)

I dont know details about my Kiev plan. Be sure that when necessary I will disturb you again :)

Take care yourself,

Mustafa

3. Re: New in Ukraine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, May 06, 2013
4. Re: New in Ukraine

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, May 06, 2013
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New in Ukraine

Welcome to Ukraine forum, Mustafa :) And many thanks for letting know you found Ukraine pages helpful.

If you have any questions regarding your future trips around Ukraine, you are most welcome to ask!

6. Re: New in Ukraine

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kharkiv