We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Ukrania

Which Odessa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Visa for Ukrania

Hi people.

I am an Australian based in London. I am keen to visit Odessa before summer end which is the end of September.

How does one get an invitation letter when you don't know anyone there ?? Its strange as previously Australians did not need a visa ?

I am keen to go soon . I have got Travel Insurrance. I don't want to book a hotel until i know how long it takes to get a visa in London ?

I think with all the hassle to get a visa its best to get a 1 year multi entry is the way to go.

Any tips appreciated

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for Ukrania

Hi there,

Which passport-holder are you please? If Australian, then as long as I can remember, Australians always needed a visa to enter Ukraine.

I just read on the web-site of Ukraine embassy in AUSTRALIA that “Short-term visa can be issued without submission of letter of invitation to enter Ukraine for citizens of Australia…”

http://www.mfa.gov.ua/australia/en/36586.htm

Short stay visa is for a stay of no more than 90 days in any 180 day period from the date of the first entry, so I believe it covers your needs.

Why don’t you double-check this with the embassy/consular in the UK (London) if the same applies there or not?

Also, have a look at this thread by an Aussie who obtained visa in London:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294473-i3662-k489… Perhaps you could contact that TA member and ask for their experience.

Good luck!

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Ukrania

Cora,

Thank you for that info. Yes I am Australian so i will check that info and get right back to you

Appreciated

Fantasticguy

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for Ukrania

Also, please, have a look at this recent thread, specifically post #8:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294473-i3662-k574…

I'm not sure how applicable it is for the UK embassy, but perhaps you find it useful in some aspect, too. Good luck! :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for Ukrania

I am American so would I need a Visa to go to Ukraine specifically Odessa.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for Ukrania

No, if you travel as a tourist and for up to 90 days tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294473-c124611/Ukrai…

birmingham
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for Ukrania

I am an Indian national currently residing in UK on a valid visa. I want to travel to Kiev this November for a period of 9 days for tourism and leisure. I have booked the flight tickets, hotels and also have insurance. However, I would like to know if I need a tourist voucher ? I read it on the forum that I need travel voucher but wasn't sure as I have three star hotel booking to confirm my stay there and enough funds in my bank accounts.

Hope to hear soon from you.

Thank you.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa for Ukrania

Dear Zeus_Caan,

Since you have Indian citizenship - you need to obtain Ukrainian visa.

Edited: 4:56 pm, October 13, 2012
birmingham
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa for Ukrania

I know I need Ukrainian visa but do I need tourist voucher ? I have hotel bookings. Will it be enough to apply for tourist visa ?

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa for Ukrania

Hi Zeus,

The visa issuance rules had slightly changed recently, but most probably (I'm not 100% sure, mind you), Indian nationals still need it:

http://www.mfa.gov.ua/uk/en/2322.htm

mfa.gov.ua/data/…invitations.html

But your best bet is to consult the embassy rather than the travel forum. The policy applied by various embassies may differ, and only they can tell: http://www.mfa.gov.ua/uk/en/2330.htm

Edited: 2:01 pm, October 14, 2012
Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa for Ukrania

Hello and Happy New year

I am planning to go to Odessa within the next few months. As an Irish Citizen, what are the VISA requirements??

Thank Gary