We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiev & Odessa

Which Odessa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kiev & Odessa

Hi

I'm thinking about going to Odessa in June and have few questions:-

1. Is it good time to visit in first week in June? as am hoping to be in Ukraine for at least 10 days

2. Will nightlife be busy? is it still busy during week?

3. Is weather usually hot this time of year?

4. Trains from Kiev to Odessa, I've checked on www.uz.gov.ua but not sure how much fare costs? as it only displays in Ukrainian

5. Does it take 5 hours by train from Kiev? can train be taken over night i.e. sleeper train? how long/cost would it take by bus? plane?

6. Would it be better to spend more time in Odessa than Kiev?

7. Do many people speak English?

8. Any bad things to watch out for? we have been many eastern european cities before.

Thanks

21. Re: Kiev & Odessa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:32 am, April 22, 2012
22. Re: Kiev & Odessa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, April 27, 2012
Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Kiev & Odessa

Travellers "facing problems" should better address the police and/or the embassy.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Kiev & Odessa

I've been to Odessa twice... October and February past. I rented an apartment on both occasions for a very reasonable price and had no problems at all during my visit. Of course it helped matters that i was with my girlfriend from Odessa. A word to the wise; be polite at all times, do not get loud or confrontational. Remember you are a guest, people may be a little different and things are not the same as they are in your homeland. Be patient and courteous and you will find people for the most part will respond the same.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Kiev & Odessa

Words of wisdom, James! :)

Many thanks for your feedback :)

Roses Spain
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Kiev & Odessa

Hi, Everybody

Well, many thanks to all for your comments.

Well, I think I'm going to provide some enertainment for you all, I've fallen completely out of the tree for an incredibly wonderful Girl. its not an overnight things we've been talking for nearly 4 months, and we're being very clear with each other from day one, that's what caught my eye to begin with... She's in Odessa....

But its the Agencies which concern me, it all feels very controlled, and it make me uncomforable.......

I just don't want to get bounced around in terms of Hotels, costs etc......

So any Tips to get Street Smart would be most welcome.....

And

Thank you all for your valuable comments

Peter

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Kiev & Odessa

Oh Dear, Peter, where did you dig this ancient topic from? it was started almost two years ago! Please, take this into consideration when reading it.

Anyways, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what exactly you want us to tip you about. Being street smart (at least in my understanding) has nothing to do with dealing with the dating agencies and the like.

So could you please be a bit more specific what your question is? Thank you.

Mountainside, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Kiev & Odessa

Going to Odessa Aug 2013 for one day. Is it possible to walk from Potemkin Steps to The Cannon to Assumption Cathedral to the Jewish Museum on Nezhinskaya Ulitsa? Where does the Opera House on Tchaikovsky Street fit into my walking schedule?

Many thanks.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Kiev & Odessa

Hello snoopysister,

Basically it is possible. Of course, if you know where to go and are in a good shape. On your way back(or right after the cannon) to the ship you may pass Opera house.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Kiev & Odessa

Dear snoopysister,

I agree with above posted, It is absolutely possible but keep in mind that Jewish museum is closed on Fridays and Saturdays.