We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limousine service?

Which Odessa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Limousine service?

Hi!

On June 2:nd I´m going from Odessa to Chisinau. I would like to do this trip in a stretch limo. Does anyone know a good company that can provide me with this service? If yes, how much will it cost?

best regards

Martin

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Limousine service?

Don't know if it's much help but I've always seen a lot of limos in front of the Opera House. There are a couple of Hummer limos there, too.

Boy, the border guards are going to love you at the Moldovan border. Take a lot of extra money, you'll need it. In other words, you might want to think about this a little more.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Limousine service?

MrTin

Check you PM. And as I warned you, both sites are in Russian. dweber5225 is right about border crossing troubles.

Krakow, Poland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Limousine service?

)) Looks like aspiration

Why limo? Just interesting

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limousine service?

Hi MrTin!

Welcome to Ukraine forum, where you certainly will be remembered after this extravagant question :)

I did a simple google search and it resulted in ample companies in Odessa offering limo rent services. Let know if you are interested in my posting them. I haven’t tried any, so can’t really recommend, just googled.

But I entirely agree with what was said above. The limo appearance on the border will make many officers happy, not only Moldovan.

And considering how slow the border crossing can sometimes be, and that you are going to enter a foreign country, where totally different rates will be applicable, I believe limo company will make you their VIP customer after the trip (if you can pay the bill at its end, of course). Get the suitcase of cash ready. Or reconsider.

Have a nice trip!

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Limousine service?

Probably best - as for foreign tourist - would be contacting Hertz - they operate in Odesa - and got nice limos - http://www.hertz.ua/

There is also - Odesa local company - http://www.melodiyalimo.com -

they are not quoting prices on site, either - don't have English version. Normally such companies are for serving weddings and other parties - not sure - if they agree for long trip.

About crossing border - probably dangers etc are a bit exaggerated here - but personally never crossed border to Moldova, but to Poland - many times - also with tourists - never had any problems - but in quite regular car. Some Polish friends of mine - travelling by car - complained about corrupted officials in so-called Transnistria republic - but nothing bad about Moldova.

Edited: 6:57 pm, February 08, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limousine service?

:-) Sounds like it´s easier AND cheaper to take the train! Guess I have to rethink my limo idea. Thanks for you reply.

/Martin

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Limousine service?

Coach transfer is the easiest.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
362 posts
1,056 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limousine service?

Xaxaxa! Crossing Prednistrovije in a HUMMER strech limousine!!!

Just for your info, did you know that when driving from Odessa to Moldova you've to cross Prednistrovije? So you don't have just one boarder, you've to cross two boarders.

If you go for the strech limo option please inform me. I want to be at the Ukraine/Prednistrovije boarder when you arrive in the HUMMER strech limo. I want to see the big smile in the Prednistrovian boader guys when you arrive (and your face when you leave).

A friend of mine arrived at this boarder with a VW Tuareq with Swiss license plates - and the Ukrainian boarder guys didn't let him out of Ukraine...

Newark, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Limousine service?

HI friends,i am new here.i want to share information with all of you about Wedding Limos NJ.

Newark, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Limousine service?

i hope that all of you will help me and sharing information with me.