We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Travel

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Travel

We were thinking of getting on a plane this Saturday Feb. 10 to Feb 19 and traveling around Guatemala.

There are two of us and our only requirement are nice places to stay at night.

Is that possible or will everything be booked??

Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
244 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Travel

The first time I went to Guatemala was in Jan2004 and I did not make any advance reservations what so ever. There are many hotels in Antigua. I was there for 3 weeks, traveling all around the country.

I especially enjoyed staying at the Hotel Centro Colonial in Antigua, cost was $45 US per night for 2 people. I stayed there on all my 3 trips to Guatemala (2004,2005,2006). It is located very near the "parque central" and very safe area where you can go out at night without any problems. There are even cheaper hotels but aways ask to see the room first.

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/DayQueen/IMG_0210.jpg[/IMG]

I don't know if this will work but I posted a picture taken at the hotel.

I have some contact information stored away and if you want some more info, just email me: moqueen@hotmail.com

Have a good trip!

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Travel

Hi there; Like Moqueen says you should be able to find good places to stay even without reservations. But of course you should have at least an idea of where you want to stay specially for the first night. Go to www.guatemalastory.com for a list of some of the hotels. You can buy your ticket inside the airport for the shuttle van to antigua$10p/p.. But depending on how late you're arriving you may have to take a cab which is going to be about $30 to antigua. Go to www.panajachel.com for a list of hotels around lake atitlan. Or www.corpetur.com for hotels around flores or tikal. Don't forget to bring your jackets for the highlands. It gets pretty chilly, or may want to hike some of the volcanoes around antigua. Have a nice trip.

3. Re: Last Minute Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 27, 2009