We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday during Lent

California
Level Contributor
823 posts
136 reviews
149 helpful votes
Sunday during Lent
Save

I was in Antigua last Palm Sunday on a solo trip. My husband refused to go but after seeing my photos now he does want to go.

However, Easter week will be in April next year and I can't get off of work in April.

So I'm thinking of a trip during Lent. From what I've read it looks like they do have processions and alfombras during Lent but would love to hear from anyone who has more info about what Sundays are like during Lent.

Thanks for the help.

Santa Cruz La...
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
269 reviews
180 helpful votes
1. Re: Sunday during Lent
Save

It is true that the Easter season is in reality 40 days. Starting on Ash Wednesday (we do not count Fat Tuesday in this country!!!) and continuing on to Easter Sunday. The biggest celebrations are during the Good Week leading up to Easter Sunday, but there are processions and alfrombras all during the Lent season.

If you look around on the web, you will find schedules; although they can be challenging to find in advance.

California
Level Contributor
823 posts
136 reviews
149 helpful votes
2. Re: Sunday during Lent
Save

Thanks for the help. It is hard to plan in advance but we can wing it.

3. Re: Sunday during Lent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 14, 2017