We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Antigua
Search

Sim card

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
Sim card
Save

Hello, I apologize if this is a repeat question. I have an unlocked phone and would like to get a SIM card for calls and texts. Most of my texts will be for communicating with my family in the states- I have a data travel plan with AT&T and we just realized that any incoming texts that I get are 50 cents a text. Way outside my budget! My phone is unlocked, but I am not tech savvy at all so any advice or recs on if there is a SIM card that I could get here that is cheaper to text with people in the states would be so welcome. Thank you!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
1. Re: Sim card
Save

Very easy, just go to a shop and they will set you up. Tigo is the most widely used, but there are other options. Easy/cheap calls and data (relatively).

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Sim card
Save

Thank you so much, that's a relief!

3. Re: Sim card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 11, 2017