We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minibus to Antigua Flight arrives at 1945pm

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Minibus to Antigua Flight arrives at 1945pm

Hi,

I arrive into Guatemala city from Miami at 1945pm on the 06th October 2012.From searching online,everyone seems to say the last minibuses for $10 a head leave by 2000pm.Surely there is one waiting for the people from this flight,does anyone know for sure.

Also does anyone know the name of a company that does a 0800am departure from Antigua to San Pedro direct

thanks

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minibus to Antigua Flight arrives at 1945pm

Hi there....don't worry about it. They'll wait til they can get the last pax out of that flight on the shuttle. Just mention to the driver or the assistant that you need transportation for the next day to Panajachel. From there you have to take the boat to San Pedro La Laguna. I doubt if there is anything that goes around the lake to SP. They'll pick you up at your hotel.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,997 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minibus to Antigua Flight arrives at 1945pm

You should be able to just walk out of the airport and see guys with 'Antigua' signs. Sometimes you have to wait a bit for the van to fill and on the other end for others to be dropped off before you. If you don't want to wait, taxis will run $25-35, depending on your negotiation skills; that's a shared cost for 2-3 in case you meet others on your flight/in the airport heading the same way (don't plan to pull a group together in front of the drivers, though).

I think there might be agencies offering shuttles so San Pedro but I wouldn't use the word 'direct' in reference to it; I just don't go that route anymore because the road down in from the Pan Am is notoriously curvy and, imo, not very safe. I make the trip between Antigua and San Pedro a time or 2 every year and much prefer the route Kyle mentions, from Antigua to Pana (ask to be dropped at the public dock) and then a lancha (boat) to San Pedro. Cost of the lancha should be 25q, though they'll try to charge more and will often pretend that the next public boat at that cost is hours away when actually the boats leave when they're full enough.

Here's a link to the agency I use for share shuttles as well as private transportation when I have a group in tow:

http://adrenalinatours.com/shuttles/#2

Have a great trip, whatever you decide!

3. Re: Minibus to Antigua Flight arrives at 1945pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, December 14, 2013