We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

very quick trip for New Years Eve

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
196 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
very quick trip for New Years Eve

We just booked to flights to Guatemala for a quick trip. We will be flying back on New Years Day. Do you think it will be a problem getting a transfer to the airport on that day?

Haven't booked any hotels yet.. so last minute.

Has anyone been there for New Years Eve.. would love to hear any tips or advice.

Thanks

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

You're not going to have any problems with transportation back to the airport. Just catch a taxi. It's just another holiday. No big deal.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

I agree. I'm sure your hotel should be able to arrange transportation for you. Because they know cabbies they can count on when they're needed.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
196 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

Thanks for your replies.

I was a bit worried about finding a hotel but I had many choices.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

Hi,

I will also be there for New Year's Eve :) My 6th time to the country and really looking forward to spending a fun holiday there for the 1st time. You will not have any troubles at all. Here in NYC on the otherhand, would be a nightmare getting to the airport. I bet we are on the same flight back on the 1st - Continental / non-stop??

Enjoy!!

NYC
Level Contributor
639 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

Don't know which NYC you live in, but I have never had a problem getting to the airports of NYC on any day of the year. Actually, Xmas day, new years eve and new years day are probably the best days! At least that has been my experience.

I'm in Antigua now, and it's business as usual. Up to now, no problems with transport or getting walk in accommodation. But may be different for new years. But there's plenty of activities going on.

Antigua
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

Welcome to Guatemala !!!

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
196 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

Thanks.. can't wait.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
450 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

Two years ago on New Year's Day we caught a regular bus back to the capital, fairly early in the morning. No problems at all.

9. Re: very quick trip for New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 30, 2012