We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Month & Three Destinations

Marshall, Missouri
Level Contributor
132 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
One Month & Three Destinations

My wife & I are wanting to escape a month from our Midwest winter. We would like to spend our time in Guatemala during January. We have three locations in mind; Antigua, Lake Aitlan and Flores. Any suggestions on the best way to coordinate the travel or the order in which we should visit each of these places?

Also, has anyone stayed at the private rooms at the hostel Villa Esthela in Antiqua?

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: One Month & Three Destinations

I have spent as much as one month just at Lake Atitlan and had a wonderful time exploring. Yes, I own a home on the lake, but don't get to visit for a month at a time as much as I would like.

Many wonderful ideas have been put forth on this forum for you to have a fantastic time in Guatemala during your month stay.

My suggestion is to take in all the wonderful information, digest it, and develop the plan that is best for you.

As you travel around Guatemala you will be impressed with the wonderful people you will meet and they suggestions and tips they will give you for your travels. Of all the places I travel in the world, travelers in Guatemala move on a different level. It has happened to me numerous times that I'm walking down a street in Antigua or in Panajachel and later run into the same people again. The next thing you know we are all drinking or having dinner together.

Marshall, Missouri
Level Contributor
132 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: One Month & Three Destinations

I appreciate your input! With all the great feedback I am excited to experience all these places first hand. I would love to leave tomorrow, unfortunately I won't be able to go until January. Maybe I should have held off my research for a month or two so I wouldn't have had to wait so long. :)

North Las Vegas...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: One Month & Three Destinations

We will be there last week of January with a group of about 15 friends. Can hardly wait! Hope you have travels!

24. Re: One Month & Three Destinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 12, 2012