We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worry Dolls

Washington DC
Level Contributor
678 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Worry Dolls

I'd like to buy worry dolls when I am in Guatemala next month. Has anyone seen them sold in bulk (I need 1000+ for students) in Antigua or at the airport?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Antigua
Antigua
Sacatepequez Department, Guatemala
Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worry Dolls

Actually, the only place I've ever seen them is here. Amnesty Int'l's DC office used to have 100s of them from some campaign they ran way back. Don't know if anyone in the office would know where they got them, but you might want to give them a try. The Guatemala Human Rights Commission in DC also might be able to give a lead.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Washington DC
Level Contributor
678 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worry Dolls

Thanks for the reply. I used to work for AI on Guatemala way back, so I'm wondering which campaign this was. Small world. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worry Dolls

I worked there in 2000, and the campaign had been before that. Maybe in conjunction with the release of the REMHI report?

4. Re: Worry Dolls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 28, 2009