We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do the shuttles drop you off?

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, MO
3 posts
Save Topic
Where do the shuttles drop you off?

I'll be taking a shared shuttle from the GC airport to Antigua and I have two questions:

What word they use for shuttle in Guatemala?? is it "autobus de enlace"?

Where do the shared shuttles drop you in Antigua?

Thanks.

I'll be in Antigua from May 21- June 3rd

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

The word "shuttle" should work just fine. They should drop you off at your hotel.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

Yeah, if you try to use a different word they're not going to know hat you're talking about. There'll be plenty of them at the airport. During regular hours is about $10 p/p. Now after 9PM you may have to have to share a taxi with other travellers. But still comes up real chep. With normal/good traffic Antigua is about a 45 minute ride on a four lane highway. Good luck.

Columbia, MO
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

Thanks for the quick replies. I will be staying at a private residence. Will the shuttles drop me at a private residence if I give them the address? Or would I be better off naming a hotel that is close by?

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

If the home is right in town, close to a hotel, I doubt it would be a problem.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

What about returning to the airport? Will you use the shuttle then? How will you arrange it?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

I would say that you'd definetely need to take a shuttle bus to get to the airport. No matter how early you're flying out, you can always arrange it either through a travel agency or your own hotel. Keep in mind that their rates are very affordable. Good luck.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

I am staying in Antigus and my hotel sent me this:

We do not offer transportation services; however, we suggest you check www.turansa.com which is a reliable travel agency in Antigua.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

Just say "shuttle". Also, give the driver the address (even a private home) and they will drop you off there.

9. Re: Where do the shuttles drop you off?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 27, 2009