We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Life?

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
7 posts
Save Topic
Night Life?

Whats the nightlife like in Antigua? Clubs, pubs, or bars, or what? Do alot of people party or is it more laid back? What are some fun things to do at night? I appreciate any feedback!

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Life?

Antigua is pretty much laid back... but there should be 1 or 2 good clubs... lots of bars though. Good place

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Life?

Antigua is laidback, but they definitely have a lot of bars you can hang out at, some clubs, and parties. A lot of the bars are packed with the students (tourists), but there is also some of the locals around. Torero's is a good place for salsa dancing on Thursdays and Sin Ventura's is a good place on Friday and Saturdays for salsa dancing. There is usually groups of people out every night of the week there and out until pretty late, or early in the morning.

A lot of the tourists go to Ricky's Bar or Frida's.

Louisiana
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Life?

What are the drug laws like in Guatemala? I mean I smoke pot for medicinal purposes and I'm told that won't fly down there. Is there a pot scene or is just drinking? I've heard they do the hard stuff there and it's pretty cheap and easy to get but I'm not interested. I also heard about some city called Livingston where it's all cool but what about Antigua?

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Life?

My brother got pulled over for a traffic violation and they searched the bags, finding a bag of pot. He and his friend spent 1 week in jail in Antigua.

There is a scene but just becareful...

Livingston probably much easier as it more remote on the Atlantic side and less structured. About 4-5 hours away at least.