We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions For 3-Day Itinerary

Franklin, TN
3 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions For 3-Day Itinerary

I arrive in Guatemala City on 5/21 at 6:50pm and depart on 5/25 at 7:30am. I know that I will not get to spend enough quality time at each of these places, but would it be possible to enjoy condensed visits to Antigua, Atitlan and Tikal in this amount of time? If so, do you have any suggestions on a gameplan that would maximize my experience at each of these places? Thank you in advance for your help!

Charlotte, NC
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions For 3-Day Itinerary

My opinion is that you could only do one place in this much time, and really the best place you could do is Antigua since it involves much less travel.

Travel time between the locations would eat up your whole visit. Travel is very slow in Guatemala.

On the other hand, you can be in Antigua easily in two hours after you get off the plane, and have an interesting and relaxing time exploring that city for two days.

If you go to Tikal, you have to get back to the Airport early on 5/23, and then fly back on 5-24. That gives you less than a full day at Tikal, and barely one day at Antigua (5-22). It would be very rushed.

2. Re: Suggestions For 3-Day Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 23, 2009