We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Where to catch a bus to Gay Head

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Where to catch a bus to Gay Head

I am going to the Vinyard for a full day this upcoming Sunday and want to see the Gay Head area! Where do you normally catch a bus and how much would that cost? Any great information would be helpful. Thanks

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Where to catch a bus to Gay Head

Check out http://www.vineyardtransit.com for all the info you should need. It looks liek a one day pass for $6.00 is your best bet for getting around.

We were out on the Island years ago and took the bus out to Gay Head. Easy to do. Enjoy!

nashville
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Where to catch a bus to Gay Head

Catch the #3 bus out of Vineyard Haven at :07 minutes past every hour. Then you transter to the #5 Bus. Otherwise you can go out of Edgartown on the #6 Bus and transfer to the #5 Bus. An all day bus pass is $6.00 for the day. Have a great time!

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Where to catch a bus to Gay Head

mvvisitor! Thanks, I will make note of the buses to take. Big help! I go to the Vineyard every yr and still I never get to see that famous point in the VIneyard. Have you ever done the Chicama Vineyards? If so, is it worth seeing?

nashville
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Where to catch a bus to Gay Head

Dhicama Vineyards (the winery) is on the #3 bus route. Some people do enjoy the tour and the tasting. It is a one mile walk from the main road down a dirt road to the winery. Take your time and enjoy.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Where to catch a bus to Gay Head

mvvisitor! Thanks again for your response. I leave tomorrow.