We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

Hi,

Has anyone heard about or participated in such a charter plane trip?

It seems all the travel options are extremely expensive or lengthy for a weekend. Plane seems the best option for such short time and I'm wondering if a charter is cheaper. The best non-charter deal I found for a weekend round trip in August through Cape Air is $350/pp. Jetblue offers something for LGA at near $500/pp. I know there is a small airport in Westchester, NY which is a 45 min train ride from Grand Central and suspect most charters will leave from there.

Thanks!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

www.seastreak.com

Catamaran from NYC to Martha's Vineyard. Roundtrip on the weekend in summer (non-holiday weekend) is $240 per adult, so cheaper than the airfare you found. It takes 5 hours, which is probably not that much more than it would take to fly, by the time you factor in traveling to the airport, clearing security, etc.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

Yeah, I thought about this. It leaves Oak Bluff at 4PM on a Sunday. I was hoping it left at 6PM, which allows more daytime activities.

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
912 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

If you're able to stay Friday - Monday, flying out on Monday, Jet Blue has round trip standard commercial flights for as low as $182 in early June.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

Really?! $182 sounds a fair deal and cheaper then Seastreak ferry! Do you know if they fly direct to MVA or have some transfer? JFK or Westchester? Thanks

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
912 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

I looked at JFK - MVY direct 6/6 - 6/9 $182 Says 4 tix left

JFK - MVY 6/13 - 6/13 $283

You didn't say what dates you were interested in coming, but June can be very nice. Everything is open and the crowds have yet to arrive. The beach is nice, but water is still pretty cold at that time.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

Some friends who came to the island for a wedding flew in and out of Providence, Rhode Island, getting to the island on the Fast Ferry. It apparently gave them more options and time on the island.

There's shuttle service from the Providence airport to the Fast Ferry.

Edited: 1:36 pm, April 09, 2014
7. Re: NYC to Martha's VIneyard Plane Charter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 11, 2015