We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs

Boston
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs

Hi all.

Planning a day trip from Hyannis to The Vineyard on Sunday so any advice would be much appreciated.

Planning on getting the ferry to Oaks Bluff probably arriving there at about 11am.

Just wondering how long it would take to look aroud Oaks Bluff and see its main attractions (Flying Carousel etc.) Is it feasible to plan on getting a bus / taxi to Edgartown and seeing there too then getting back to Oaks Bluff that evening for ferry.

Would we be better off just seeing Oaks Bluff?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs

I haven't been out in years but Edgartown is worth the effort. Other than the neat houses I didn't find a lot to see in Oak Bluffs. We caught a shuttle from our inn in Vineyard haven and headed to Edgartown for fireworks one 4th of July. It seemed pretty easy to get around with out a car.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs

Hello:

As a great fan and numerous visitor to Martha's Vineyard, I can assure you that you can visit both Oak Bluffs and Edgartown in one day. Both Oak Bluffs and Edgartown tends to be touristy - shops and restaurants, but Edgartown is the prettier of the two. The bus ride from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs is about 15 minutes.

Have a great time. I wish I were on my way there right now!

T Lang

Cincinnati, Ohio

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs

Agreed, definitely do Edgartown, I like it more than Oak Bluffs

MV2
NJ
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs

I agree also that you can, and should, do both Oak Bluffs and Edgartown. When you're in Oak Bluffs don't miss going into the Campground to see the Tabernacle and the gingerbread houses... there's not too many places you'll see houses like these. To get there walk up Circuit Ave to the Secret Garden store and turn there to go into the Campground. It's one of my favorite oasis on the Vineyard.

5. Re: Distance from Edgartown to Oak Bluffs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 15, 2009