We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day in Martha's Vineyard?

ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
1 Day in Martha's Vineyard?

Is it worth going on a day trip to Martha's Vineyard? If so what are the bEst things to do there? My wife and I are staying in cape cod for 5 nights for a wedding so don't have much spare time.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Day in Martha's Vineyard?

Well, I guess if you don't have much time to spare, then there's your answer ;-) Otherwise, the Vineyard is a great place for a day trip. Take a look on the main Cape Cod page for a Top Question (on the right) "A Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard, What to Do & How to Get Around:

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,401 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Day in Martha's Vineyard?

It could be a very pleasant day for you and a nice way to get out on the water as well if you like that. How time consuming it will be though depends on where you are staying. If you are located in Ptown then you would have to spend a lot of time driving and parking. If you are in the Falmouth area however it would be a snap and, if you select the Island Queen from the Falmouth harbor ,you would park in their harbor lot and stroll to the boat. Then you would be on MV in 35 min.

Edited: 1:01 pm, April 06, 2013
ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Day in Martha's Vineyard?

Great, we are staying in Falmouth so that will suit. What is there to do on MV, nice walks, cafes, etc?

4. Re: 1 Day in Martha's Vineyard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 08, 2014