We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edgartown Commons Anyone Stay here?

West Springfield, MA
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Edgartown Commons Anyone Stay here?

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Edgartown Commons lately and what it was like. Mixed reviews when you look it up. Mostlyl older reviews were negative. Nervous about booking. No A/C in July ? Any thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
Edgartown Commons
Edgartown Commons
79 Reviews
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edgartown Commons Anyone Stay here?

I have never stayed there but the location is good. I personally couldn't live without A/C in the summer. Yes the island generally stays cooler than the mainland, but last summer was HOT! Also they are condos which share walls so privacy and noise could be an issue. There are lots of similarly prices single family homes available that might be a better fit for you. They might not be as close to Edgartown center but if you're bringing a car, that's not an issue anyway. Check: flipkey.com/marthas-vineyard-vacation-rental… I have a little 3 bedroom house in Vineyard Haven (with A/C) if you're interested: flipkey.com/vineyard-haven-vacation-rentals/… Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Edgartown
Edgartown
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Vineyard Haven
Vineyard Haven
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Sudbury...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edgartown Commons Anyone Stay here?

I stayed at Edgartown Commons for years as a child with my family (it had another name then). I often pop in for the nostalgia factor. It looks pretty much the same as it did then. There's a nice community feel. It is close to town (no need to drive around for hours looking for a parking spot), it has a pool (wonderful for post beach dip), it's cheaper than many of the other places in Edgartown. You might hear your neighbors, but you also might meet your neighbors. I'm not a huge AC fan, but it can get hot sometimes. The nights do typically cool down a bit. I would say a fan is essential. I had wonderful memories of the place. It's definitely much more of a family place than a place for younger singles or older folks.

Mentioned in this post
Edgartown Commons
Edgartown Commons
79 Reviews
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Edgartown
Edgartown
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edgartown Commons Anyone Stay here?

We have stayed at Edgartown commons twice a year for the last several years. The location is excellent as the bus stop is a block away, and there are a number of great shops and restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Each of the units are different as they are individually owned. We have not found it to be excessively noisy. As a previous poster stated, we have met some really great people while staying there. We typically go in June and September and have found that a fan (usually supplied) has been more than adequate.

We truly do not have a negative thing to say about the place. The staff are courteous, prompt in their response to email, and are more than happy to help with any little request that you may have. The traffic can be pretty horrendous during the summer months so the bus is a bargain!

Mentioned in this post
Edgartown
Edgartown
Martha's Vineyard, MA
4. Re: Edgartown Commons Anyone Stay here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 04, 2014