We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

Manchester, Vermont
4 posts
Save Topic
Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

I am planning on staying at the Mansion House Hotel on Martha's Vineyard, however I have a few questions which some of you may find to be very silly... Their website suggests to leave your car on the mainland and take a ferry to the island. They say there is free public parking, so your car will be safe. It also says the hotel is close to where you would come in on the ferry, so it's an easy walk. I would rather leave my car on the mainland, but worry about it. Is it really free and safe? I'd hate to come back and find me car towed or broken into. Secondly how close is the hotel from the ferry? I don't mind walking around the island, however walking around while carrying my luggage around is a different story. Is it normal for people to leave their car on the mainland and carry their luggage on the ferry and to the hotel? What would you suggest and where can I find more about the ferry?

The last question is about the hotel itself. Their website says there are rates to pay for the spa & health club (pool, hot tub, sauna), but when we go to book our room certain rooms say that you get free access to the spa & health club. I have been to many resorts before where they claim you get free access to all the amenities, but I never did. How does it work with this hotel? I have emailed them and am waiting for their response, but I'd like to hear other people's experiences as well! :)

Edited: 11:17 am, March 30, 2011
Manchester, Vermont
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

I was just reading a review that said parking was free if you brought your car to the hotel, however I am unsure of how much it would cost to bring the car on the ferry and back. If it is a hassle to do I would rather leave my car on the mainland.

Also supposedly the location is very boring... All me and my guest are looking to do is enjoy an indoor pool and hot tub, dine at nice places, and walk along the beaches. Would this be a good location for us?

Edited: 11:23 am, March 30, 2011
Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
888 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

Parking at the ferry lots is not free. It's generally $10-12/calendar day. I'm sure they're talking about the parking at their hotel. What dates are you visiting and for how long? It may be advantageous to bring your car, if it's not during the summer busy season. The island is 100 sq miles, with six different towns and it takes 45 mins to drive from one end of the island to the next.

Vineyard Haven, where the Mansion House is located, is a lively town during the day, but quiets significantly around 7pm. Dining options there are less than what you would find in Edgartown or Oak Bluffs, but you can easily travel to those towns. It's a good place for a base and the public bus stops down by the Steamship Authority ferry. You can walk from the ferry terminal, as it's not that far. You can see on google maps here http://bit.ly/eAg2iQ The ferry terminal can be seen at the end of Union Street.

As for the included amenities of the hotel, I can't answer that and a phone call might be your best bet if you're not getting an email response, but be patient. The island is slow right now and I'm sure they'll answer you in one or two days.

Manchester, Vermont
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

Thank you for your reply! The hotel just emailed me back saying that the amenities are open for all hotel guests! :D Parking is free, so now I just have to get the details about reserving a spot on the ferry for the car. I am looking to go in April. I have heard it can be busy during the day around that time, but to travel to other towns at night is more fun. We would definitely want to bring the car for that! :)

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
888 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

There is only one ferry that brings cars over to the island; http://www.islandferry.com Driving around during the day is fine and not busy in the month of April. Have fun!

Manchester, Vermont
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

Thank you so much for the info!

yarmouthport ma
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

coming in april,parking at the hotel ?

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
888 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

In this thread, look above to #3. It states the hotel parking is free. I would suggest you send the Mansion House an email just to be certain, as things do change and this thread is from last year.

Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

I love Mansion House. I highly recommend it.

9. Re: Mansion House Hotel, Spa & Health Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, June 20, 2013