We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MV or Nantucket for 22/24 yr old couple

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
MV or Nantucket for 22/24 yr old couple

Hi,

I am planning a 2-night weekend getaway with my boyfriend, and want to do either Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket. I am having a tough time deciding...

We want to go somewhere where we can relax and enjoy the beach, but at the same time, have an equally active time in the evening by going to a couple of bars and restaurants.

Is one of the islands considerably more 'suitable' for my age group?

We are planning to go in May or June.

Mentioned in this post
Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard
Massachusetts
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
960 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MV or Nantucket for 22/24 yr old couple

Both islands are beautiful with lots to do, especially after Memorial Day. You'll find bars, great dining options, shops and attractions on both also. You'll find more young couples, like yourself on Martha's Vineyard, since it is the closest to the Cape, easier to get to, and with a great selection of accommodations. It is the largest of the two islands. I'd suggest you stay in either Oak Bluffs or Edgartown. See the previous posts for comparisons and characteristics of each town.

Mentioned in this post
Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard
Massachusetts
Edgartown
Edgartown
Martha's Vineyard, MA
NJ
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: MV or Nantucket for 22/24 yr old couple

I think a big factor is you are only going for 2 nights, thus MV probably a better choice given difference in ferry rides. I think you'll also find all you're looking for on MV. It's a great place.

That being said, when we were younger (ie, before kids), we preferred Nantucket as could just take our bikes on the ferry, walk to a B&B, and then tour around most of the island's great beaches. We'd typically go for longer than just 2 nights though.

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
3. Re: MV or Nantucket for 22/24 yr old couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, October 21, 2009