We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days too long in Nantucket?

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
5 days too long in Nantucket?

My husband and I are planning on going to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard in July. We are looking to spend 4 nights. Although, I am looking foward to some rest & relaxation, we don't want to be bored. Do you think 4 nights is too long? Should we go to MV instead? Thanks!

Nantucket
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days too long in Nantucket?

4 Nights in July? Bored on Nantucket?

Most people find a week hardly enough time to enjoy Nantucket. That's why 2 week rentals are so popular here.

You will not have a hard time filling your days for a 5 day trip, in fact, you will probably be short with yourself for limiting your time to only five days.

West Springfield, MA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days too long in Nantucket?

4 days is almost too short a stay.

there are so many things to do and the island life is entertainment in itself.

don't forget that getting to either island is time consuming unless you are flying.

Chester, NJ
Level Contributor
159 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days too long in Nantucket?

It depends on what you're looking for. Nantucket has one of the highest concentration of outstanding restaurants anywhere, beaches all around (many uncrowded even in July), shopping, sailing, hiking, bicycling, sightseeing, fishing, whale-watching, etc. See www.nantucket.net for more info.

On the other hand, Nantucket is not the place for a wide choice of late night party spots or a boardwalk type atmosphere ... it's a far cry from Santa Monica or the Jersey Shore! But if you want rest and relaxation, your four days will fly.