We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Stroll 2011

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
372 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Stroll 2011

My husband and I plan to come to the island for this special weekend. In which town does the stroll take place? If we fly from New Bedford or fast ferry from Hyannis- is it easy to get to this town? Also, because it is off season, do we need a car for this weekend or will we be able to get around?

Any suggestions or words of wisdom about this weekend would be much appreciated- we are very excited!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Stroll 2011

There's really only one main town on Nantucket & you don't need a car once you are on the island for the stroll. If you fly in you will probably need a cab from the airport from the ferry dock you can walk to any number of B&Bs and inns.

www.nantucketchamber.org/visitor/Stroll.html

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Stroll 2011

Nantucket Town is the main town and where the activities take place. People just call it Town. I have stayed at The Periwinkle and Brass Latern. We rented a house last year for Stroll and reallyliked that as we could cook breakfast, more room etc

I loved American Season's prixe fix dinner! We also stayed over Sunday night and went to the Starlight and had Lobster mac and cheese and a movie.

Saturday watched Santa arrive by boat, shopped, and in general had a festive time.

Enjoy!!!

Claremont...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Stroll 2011

Take the fast ferry out of Hyannis. You will not need a car on the island (in fact it would just be a hinderance) if you stay in Town, which i would definitely. All of the events take place in Nantucket Town. This will be the third Stroll weekend that I am attending (and my friends and I travel from California for it!) and I love it...very charming. Plan on doing a lot of eating, drinking and shopping...often at the ssame time since the merchants offer cocktails and nibbles while you shop. Also, I would recommend taking the Friday night home tour...lovely old houses decorated for the holidays. One final bit of advice: make your reservations soon as many of the nicer hotels and B&Bs are booking up fast. Have a wonderful weekend.

Claremont...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Stroll 2011

Take the fast ferry out of Hyannis. You will not need a car on the island (in fact it would just be a hinderance) if you stay in Town, which i would definitely. All of the events take place in Nantucket Town. This will be the third Stroll weekend that I am attending (and my friends and I travel from California for it!) and I love it...very charming. Plan on doing a lot of eating, drinking and shopping...often at the ssame time since the merchants offer cocktails and nibbles while you shop. Also, I would recommend taking the Friday night home tour...lovely old houses decorated for the holidays. One final bit of advice: make your reservations soon as many of the nicer hotels and B&Bs are booking up fast. Have a wonderful weekend.

Plymouth...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Stroll 2011

What is the date of the stroll this year?

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Stroll 2011

Isn't it the first weekend in Dec.? I would love to go but the prices to stay are absurd...

South Windsor...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Stroll 2011

Hi!

Regarding the Christmas Stroll, I come from CT and take the Fast Ferry out of Hyannis and it is so easy and convenient. It books up fast though so be sure to book the times you'd like for that weekend before it's too late. The ferry drops you off almost right in the center of town. You cannot get lost once you get off the ferry. You will not need a car. Cabs are readily available and the "main" part of the island is within walking distance. The christmas stroll is absolutely incredible. My boyfriend took me last year and we are going again this year. We are definitely making it a tradition!

Few places you should see/eat at:

Lola 41- They have the most amazing burgers and sushi! It's a small place and you will DEFINITELY need a reservation. It's the hot spot restaurant. Very modern and chic

Brotherhood- Awesome restaurant and bar..very cozy

Rose & Crown- they usually have a DJ or karaoke and it's always packed!

Cisco Brewery- You will need a cab for this but it's a great place and seems as though most visitors go here throughout their stay. They brew their own beer, distill their own vodka and have a small vineyard as well.

Chicken Box- need a cab for this spot as well. It's a large bar with live music. The same band is there every Christmas Stroll (The Savage Brothers). They actually happen to be from my town in CT. Last year, we got there early (around 9pm) and by 11pm the entire place was dancing. It was an absolute blast!

Have a wonderful time! :) :)

8. Re: Christmas Stroll 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 15, 2012