We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach at Sunset in August

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
RI
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach at Sunset in August

Celebrating 10th anniversary and want to present my husband with new bands at the beach (he proposed on a beach in Maine, we were married at the beach in Newport) Any ideas for a good location?

Also would love a great place for dinner suggestion for this momentous occasion. We are staying at The Century House.

Boston
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach at Sunset in August

The best beach for a sunset is Madaket, which is about 6 miles from town. You won't be alone, though - on a nice evening lots of people gather there to sit or have a meal as the day winds down. For more privacy, you can wander down the beach in ether direction. If privacy is not a concern, you could try Brant Point Lighthouse. Very scenic and right near town, so you could easily walk to dinner from there. Restaurant suggestions for town are American Seasons and Company of the Cauldron. Finally, you could also take a cruise up the harbor to the Wauwinet, and eat at Topper's.

RI
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach at Sunset in August

Thanks so much for your advice, Kamellbos! I am really looking forward to this little getaway!!!

long island
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach at Sunset in August

fyi, i do believe their is a jitney to madaket millie's, which is the olace to go to see the sunset on nantucket. of course, you could get a cab too. just ask at the century house, also, new bakery in town, petticoat row, awesome and visit andrew at polo, he is awesome.

RI
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach at Sunset in August

Thanks, maslkoch, I will do! I appreciate your response.

I hope the weather continues as nice as its been all Summer!

5. Re: Best Beach at Sunset in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 31, 2011