We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual seafood restaurants in Nantucket

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hanover...
Level Contributor
27 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Casual seafood restaurants in Nantucket

My family of four (kids are 10 and 12) will be traveling to Nantucket TOMORROW just for the day and I have been trying to read this forum and the restaurant section for ideas for places to eat. We really would like seafood, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Any suggestions? Thoughts on the Lobster Trap or Cap'n Tobey's? Ropewalk doesn't open until later in the day for dinner, so that's unfortunately out.

Chester, NJ
Level Contributor
159 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casual seafood restaurants in Nantucket

The Lobster Trap is casual, as reasonable as you'll find on Nantucket and has a large selection. It doesn't take reservations, though. But if you want to eat early, that may not be a problem.

Hanover...
Level Contributor
27 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casual seafood restaurants in Nantucket

How's the food?

Hanover...
Level Contributor
27 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casual seafood restaurants in Nantucket

Hi to those who also may be interested in casual seafood restaurants in Nantucket. I am just now back from our day on the island. We ended up eating at Cap'n Tobey's Chowder House because the Lobster Trap didn't open up until 3:00 and we were looking for lunch.

My husband's fried clam entree was outstanding and fresh (17.95), my lobster roll was exactly what I was in the mood for (the roll was very fresh, but some of the lobster was a little overcooked) and also $17.95. My kids had pasta with marina sauce and a chicken finger basket - both were eaten in their entirety...a good sign!

The atmosphere was below-average to perhaps average for families with kids, but we had a great window seat to people watch by. The problem was that the bar is the domineering center of the downstairs dining room and the upstairs dining room was not open. Also, there was only one downstairs bathroom for both sexes.

Our waiter, Robert, was attentive and we really made him hustle for extra drinks and extra cheese. He did a great job.

I'd go back to Cap'n Tobey's for a quick lunch just off the ferry if I don't discover someplace else in the meantime. I'd love to hear more from others with other ideas for the future...

Thanks,

Coachtrine

4. Re: Casual seafood restaurants in Nantucket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 08, 2009