We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taste of Arlington

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
182 reviews
Taste of Arlington

I saw on Flora's website that they are participating in Taste of Arlington this year, I believe the date is Oct. 3 but I can't find any info about this event. I've been to other local town "Taste's" but never Arlington.

Does anyone know of a website or location where I can find more info?

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Taste of Arlington

Taste of Arlington is relatively new and is a departure from other "Taste" events. Rather than be hosted in a building somewhere with admission charged, it's more like a street fair. A stretch of Mass. Ave between the Cambridge line and Arlington Center is lined with booths and tables. You can wander the entire area, stopping to buy and sample restaurants' wares at will. The name suggests differently, but in actuality most of the eating places represented there are from the immediate East Arlington and Arlington Center neighborhoods. So don't assume Blue Ribbon Barbecue or Toraya (to name two places beyond Town Hall) will be on hand. That still leaves a respectable number of establishments as potential participants: Sweet Chili, Arlington Restaurant & Diner, Olive Branch, Gaia, Prose...

This "Taste's" promotions budget is pretty lean. I learned of it by seeing flyers posted on utility poles along Mass. Ave. The Globe Calendar and local weekly newspapers will carry blurbs when the time draws near.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Taste of Arlington

I hope the originator of this thread sees this!

Taste of Arlington *has* moved indoors this year and so will be much like the other "Taste of" events around Boston. It will be held on Sunday, October 3rd, at the Whittemore House in Arlington Center. The address is 750R Mass. Ave, behind the main library. Sixteen restaurants have signed on to take part. Admission for adults is $30 per person, less for kids. The Website to visit for more info and to reserve tickets is that of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce, www.arlcc.org .

Get answers to your questions about Arlington