We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Cocos islands

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
UK to Cocos islands

Can anyone tell me the easiest/quickest way to get to the cocos islands from the UK?

10 replies to this topic
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Cocos islands

london to perth then perth to cocos

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Cocos islands

Thanks for your reply, yea i found out thats the only way now, i was trying to save the backing tracing from Perth, i did read that firfly are flying into christmas island then i can fly from there, buts its quicker to go via Perth.

London, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to Cocos islands

Not necessarily true - you can fly Kuala Lumpur to Christmas Island to Cocos on Saturdays with a good connection. That's quicker than flying via Perth, and probably cheaper.

But there is no same day connection on the return, so you either fly back via Perth or spend a few days on Christmas Island. I havn't been to Cocos - but have spent some on Christmas Island, so would recommend that!

Edited: 6:29 am, August 13, 2012
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to Cocos islands

Thanks that would suit me, can you tell me which airline that is with?

Canberra
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK to Cocos islands

two options;

1). London to Perth, Perth to Cocos (flights are with Virgin Australia to Cocos 3 days a week)

2). London to Malaysia, Malaysia to Christmas Island, Christmas Island to Cocos Island via Virgin Australia. Flights from Malaysia to Christmas Island are every Saturday.

Canberra
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK to Cocos islands

hi again

sorry, just read that you are also after the flight details, so I have linked the URL for the flight details to Christmas Island below showing you all of the flight options (scroll down to see them all)

christmas.net.au/getting-here/flights.html

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK to Cocos islands

Hi, thanks for the info

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UK to Cocos islands

HiHI Fellow travelling friends Anyone

Does anyone know if there will be ready public transportation when we arrive at Cocos Keelings Island airport to take us to our hotel? Or is it advisable to book transportation in advance? We wish to know the situation as to availability and expected charges before we arrive. Thank you.

Goshen, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: UK to Cocos islands

Thank for these!

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: UK to Cocos islands

Thats a funny one, the only transportation you need is walking by foot.

The "Airport Terminal" (note the quotes) is something like 100 meters away from the Hotel.

Noise is nevertheless not a problem due the fact that flights are very rare and the rest of the time the inhabitans are using the rollway as a golf course...

Reply to: UK to Cocos islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cocos (Keeling) Islands