We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matka from Skopje

UK
Level Contributor
196 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Matka from Skopje

How can we visit Makta while staying in Skopje? We won't have a car.

Thanks

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Matka from Skopje

With taxi for 550den(9eur) and with bus. For bus schedule visit: www.jsp.com.mk . For taxi 02(for Skopje) 15190, 15191 (just change last number and it's other taxi company), or visit www.potrcko.mk

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Matka from Skopje

Sorry I just check out and bus site is only on Macedonian. I will check later and post

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Matka from Skopje

Hey,

i have written some reviews about Matka here, but i don't know how up to date the bus info is: members.virtualtourist.com/m/6117e/6e747/

There are some churches to visit as well (see link above) and a cave. Especially the boat trip to the cave is interesting. You can also walk along the lake, the path in the rocks has been improved with a rail the last years so it is a bit safer than on these pictures: members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1d1232/

Last year I hiked from Mount Vodno to Matka. I started from where the cable cars run halfway Mount Vodno and took the cable car to the Millenium Cross and hiked from there. Easy, especially if you have a GPS you can download the track. More info on the hike here: members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/2147b1/

Have fun,

Dennis

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Matka from Skopje

From "transport center" (railway and bus station) to Matka:: 7:00 / 8:45 / 10:30 / 12:10 / 13:50 / 15:30 / 17:10 / 18:45 / 20:15 / 22:30 /

From Matka to transport cebter:5:50 / 7:45 / 9:40 / 11:20 / 13:00 / 14:40 / 16:20:18:00 / 19:30 / 21:00 / 23:20

Price is 40 den approx (0.65 eur) for one way

5. Re: Matka from Skopje

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 09, 2013