We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How should this itinerary be done, please?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
How should this itinerary be done, please?

Gutentag!

Please, could you guys advise me the best way to undertake this portion of my itinerary.

What are the best ways in getting from A -> B -> C -> D which represent the following locations:

A: Matka Canyon.

I will spend half a day here (7:00 - 13:00) hiking, kayaking, and relaxing

B: Millenium cross.

I would like to go up via cable car, so getting here means getting to the boarding point for the cable car

C: Church of St. Panteleimon on Mount Vodno.

Ideally, I would like to walk from Millenium cross to the church, but Google Maps says this will take over one hour.

D: Catholic Cathedral of Skopje near city centre

Please, as you respond and advise me the best ways to get from A -> B -> C -> D, would you also be kind enough to tell me how long each will take?

Many thanks in advance. :-)

3 replies to this topic
Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
82 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: How should this itinerary be done, please?

Your first option would be using the public busses, for more details you can do some research on other threads.

The quickest option would be getting a taxi each time to get around. just make sure they have the meter on and all destinations you have should cost you no more than 20-25 eur total.

Now, down to the details. The cable car for the Millenium cross is at the middle height of Mount Vodno, 20-30 minutes walk from the church which is at the same height on the mountain.

Regarding the cable car itself you can find the timetable here

https://tinyurl.com/y7bvxh45

If you wish to hike, a better option would be going up and down from the Millennium Cross with the cable car, and then hiking to the Church, you can also get a taxi there down to the Catholic church as your last point .

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: How should this itinerary be done, please?

A quick question about taxis - is it easy to get one from the various towns back to Skopje?

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
82 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: How should this itinerary be done, please?

Taxis are pretty common in most of Macedonias towns.Expect to pay premium for a drive from one town to another via Taxi. A better option would be via bus. Research other threads on timetables and other details

Reply to: How should this itinerary be done, please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted