We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for birthday dinner?

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go for birthday dinner?

I'm looking for somewhere with great food and a romantic atmosphere to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend. Any ideas??

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for birthday dinner?

Romantic is what you make of it...

The Severn Inn is a newer spot...on the Severn River with a great view of the Navel Academy. They've chosen a bit higher scale than I like for Annapolis....white tablecloths...not really the town's style, although there are a few...here's their menu...some other recomendations follow...

southern crab bisque with jumbo crabmeat 9

chicken and andouille sausage gumbo 6

chilled plum and pinot noir soup 6

morrocan shrimp salad with chopped romaine, toasted cous cous onions, peppers, tomatoes & feta in a red wine vinaigrette 12

Mixed Green Salad w/ Cucumber, Tomato and Vinaigrette Dressing 6

romaine hearts with caesar dressing 8

house salad mixed greens, raspberry vinaigrette, aged goat cheese & toasted almonds 7

baby lettuce salad with honey cider vinaigrette, poached pears, blue cheese & pecans 9

“ tapas” sampler plate with marinated scallops, mushroom salad, marinated olives,

caponata, and toasted nan 15/ 28

crabcake and fried green tomatoes with old bay aioli 17

crab dip with toasted baguette 12

grilled cajun bbq shrimp over cheddar grits 14

fried panko crusted calamari with chili lime aioli 8

seared spice crusted tuna sashimi with wasabi sauce, pickled ginger, and seaweed salad 14

smoked salmon and wasabi cream cheese sushi roll with pickled ginger and soy sauce 12

spanish style garlic prawns with sherry cream sauce and gorgonzola cheese 14

Severn inn’s crab cakes with silver queen corn & three-tomato relish 32

sauteed blue nose sea bass with clam salsa, spanish rice, and grilled avacado 30

grilled boneless rainbow trout with lemon butter, mashed red bliss potatoes

& sauteed broccolini 22

seared diver scallops over balsamic braised short ribs with gremolada, spinach,

and red bliss mashed potatoes 26

sauteed hiramasa topped with jumbo lump crab meat and white wine butter served with

whipped potatoes and broccolini 3o

sauteed soft shell crabs with green tomato jam and cucumber salad 34

grilled tuna with roasted red pepper sauce over mixed greens tossed with honey sesame vinaigrette

scallions, shitaki mushrooms, and cucumbers 32

grilled sockeye salmon with red onion marmalade, wild rice & asparagus 28

“steak and cake” ny strip & crab cake with sauteed spinach tomato relish and old bay aioli 36

grilled filet mignon with roasted garlic butter whipped potatoes and asparagus 35

mixed grill (filet mignon, duck, and shrimp) with green peppercorn buerre blanc,

whipped potatoes, and asparagus 28

grilled free range chicken breast with bourbon bbq sauce, whipped potatoes, and

grilled vegetables19

Maria's downtown is a great Italian spot...in a nice room....but no view. We have a classic steak house...Lewnes...but again...no view.

For a modern time...try Metropolitan...or the brand new Kymas...tapas spot richly decorated...

Have cocktails at The Chart House...very romantic at sunset...but I do not recommend dining there...

Happy Birthday!

Mentioned in this post
Severn Inn
Severn Inn
356 Reviews
Annapolis, MD
Chart House
Chart House
602 Reviews
Annapolis, MD
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for birthday dinner?

There are several great choices in Annapolis for a nice romantic dinner out. I will give you a list … I think that all great … just depends on your mood.

O’Leary’s (the premiere upper end seafood restaurant in town)

Lewne’s (a great steakhouse … in my opinion much better than Ruth Chris or Morton’s)

Wild Orchid (smaller, but great food)

Harry Browne’s (great restaurant on State Circle feet from the State House)

Metropolitan (new, chic, trendy and well kinda metropolitan, good food, the kinda place that makes you want to drink martinis)

Jalapeno’s (great Spanish/Mexican food, upscale atmosphere, probably least expensive choice listed)

Yellow Fin (Fantastic sunset view, decent food, lively bar, a bit loud though)

Rockfish (Have not been there yet but heard great things)

Northwood’s (Used to be my favorite special event restaurant in town … wouldn’t have even made a list, but I went a couple months ago and was disappointed with the food and service. Plus it was not was full as always used to be ... not sure if that is an indication of problems. I’d still give it another shot though because it was the best)

Severn Inn (I was not impressed the 1st time, but I heard that they have a new chef ... it is a great location so it might be worth a try)

Kyma (Very good food, but they are very new and stil working out some kinks ... we enjoyed it despite the kinks.)

Mentioned in this post
65 Reviews
Annapolis, MD
Severn Inn
Severn Inn
356 Reviews
Annapolis, MD
3. Re: Where to go for birthday dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 16, 2009