We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should I see and do in Annapolis and Rockville

Which Annapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ronan, Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
What should I see and do in Annapolis and Rockville

I will be in the Annapolis and Rockville areas Nov. 24th-30th. May I have some suggestions on

where to dine, shop and see?

Ronan, Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What should I see and do in Annapolis and Rockville

Yes.

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What should I see and do in Annapolis and Rockville

Rockville is a sophisticated, very urban area, and very different from Montana. Is your hotel near the metrorail or a bus-stop, or else will the hotel give you a ride to one of the metrorail stations (whose parking lots will likely be already full in the morning), so you can visit the countless range of free, attractions in central Washington DC?

Downtown Annapolis is also very fun to walk around in. The narrow, historic colonial streets are filled with many art shops with nautical-themed paintings, gift shops, good cafe's and restaurants, the beautiful state capitol building, the Naval Academy which offers tours, the city dock with its many boats, including guided harbor cruises, and seafood restaurants. Although some hotels are downtown, several others are out on the west edge of town near the shopping mall. If you need to park downtown, there are at least 3 paid parking garages.

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What should I see and do in Annapolis and Rockville

Great Falls (an area of scenic rapids in the Potomac River) is accessible by public parks on both the MD and VA sides of the river.

14. Re: What should I see and do in Annapolis and Rockville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 22, 2014