We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding at Naval Academy Annapolis

Which Annapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
avon, ct
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
wedding at Naval Academy Annapolis

Staying at Sheraton in Annapolis. What is the best way to get to a wedding at the Chapel on the academy grounds. Don't want to drive...(reception to follow!). Are cabs available? Price?

Thanks

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
312 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding at Naval Academy Annapolis

I assume you mean the Sheraton on Jennifer Road by the mall. Cab is your best bet. Have them drop you at the Maryland Ave. gate. Short walk to the chapel from there (don't forget photo ID). Having never taken a cab in my hometown I have no idea as to cost.

There is a bus that runs from the mall to downtown...I avoid public buses (too many bad experiences) but that's your call.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding at Naval Academy Annapolis

If there is no shuttle, then a cab. can't be very much- only a couple of miles. and you will need ID to enter grounds as mentioned.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
379 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding at Naval Academy Annapolis

Getting there won't be a problem as the hotel can arrange a cab to get you there but you will need a plan for getting home. Cabs cannot enter the academy grounds. Where is the reception? Officers Club or Alumni Hall? You will either have to call a cab and have it meet you at the closest gate, or you will have to walk downtown where you can easily find a cab. It shouldn't be more than $15 from the Academy/downtown back to the Sheraton.

I got married at the Academy chapel myself - enjoy! It's a beautiful church.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
379 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding at Naval Academy Annapolis

Actually, it looks like the Sheraton has a shuttle to and from the academy. Are there other wedding guests staying at the hotel? Perhaps you can pre-arrange a time for the shuttle to return to pick you up. Best talking to the hotel to see what their policy is.

5. Re: wedding at Naval Academy Annapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 30, 2014