We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

Hi everyone,

My friends and I are going to a concert at the Rams Head Tavern in downtown Annapolis in June. We'd like to spend the night down there instead of driving all the way home.

Are there any no frills places to stay near downtown that would give us a reasonable place just to flop for the night? If not, can anyone recommend one further out?

Thanks!

Jane

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

"No frills" and "downtown Annapolis" might be tough to get in one place, especially if the concert date is anywhere near grad week for the Academy.

You might want to try:

http://www.scotlaurinn.com/

They have rooms that are pretty basic from what I've heard, never stayed there myself.

Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

Thanks, IrishFan. That place looked PERFECT until I saw that there's a two-night minimum for Friday/Saturday night. Bummer.

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

Many places have been known to waive that if they're not busy. The bad news is that June in Annapolis probably WILL be busy, but it's worth a phone call to the place anyway.

Annapolis
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

If you're such an irish fan, why not try the O'Callaghan Annapolis Hotel which is a stumble away from the Rams Head! This hotel is the only one in the US and the rest are in Dublin. www.ocallaghanhotels.com.

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

"If you're such an irish fan, why not try the O'Callaghan Annapolis Hotel which is a stumble away from the Rams Head! "

Maybe because IrishFan wasn't the one looking for the hotel! :)

I can drive to the place in 20 minutes, and have family within "stumbling distance" if I need to lol.

I'm sure O'Callaghans's is nice, but I wouldn't classify it as a "no frills place ...just to flop for the night". It's usually in the $200+ range per night.

(O'Callaghans has properties in Boston and Gilbraltar in addition to their 3-4 places in Dublin)

Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

Yes, the O place looks nice, thanks, but way more than we're looking for. We'll probably just bag it, and one of us will be the DD for the drive home.

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

Grad week is over, so that is done, but the tourist season heats up dramatically with the temperature. There are plenty of lower priced places that would require a drive but not more than 4-5 miles. (All are located within a mile of the Westfield Mall in Parole, technically considered still in Annapolis).

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

You may want to check the following: Best Western, Marriott Courtyard, Days Inn, Hampton, Quality, Country Inns & Suite. The hotel shuttles may even take you there and pick you up if you don't want to drive. Heck even a cab wouldn't cost that much.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

6tareg is right, that's no distance at all, a cab wouldn't cost hardly anything!

heck of a lot more fun than somebody having to be a DD...NO fun!

Waldorf, Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Rams Head Tavern

Try priceline. We ever we just want a place to bunk for the night ...we use priceline. We are successful more times than not. About 3 weeks ago I got a 200 dollar room in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore for $60.