We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for anniversary weekend

Washington, DC
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay for anniversary weekend

My husband and I are thinking of heading to Annapolis for a night for our anniversary, but in my search for places to stay there aren't many. I'd like to stay somewhere a little more upscale than usual given the occassion and it looks like from what people say that the Loews or O'Callaghan's are good places? Any advice? In looking at O'Callaghan's website it looks pretty tired or is that just because they haven't updated their website? Would love anyone's opionins. Thank you.

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for anniversary weekend

Definitely Loews over O'Callaghan's. The latter is still considered a newer property, but the service there was always off. I know the Marriott on the waterfront had to remodel everything on the first floor after Hurricane Izzy, but don't know if they have updated any rooms. It's all about location location with this hotel and if you can get a room with a small balcony facing the harbor, you really can't lose. Pricey, but may be worth it for a special occassion. West Street near Loews and O'Callaghan's is undergoing a transformation, so now there are more shops and eateries near these properties as well.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for anniversary weekend

HLFJ,

The Marriott has 16 (I believe) waterfront rooms with balconies. If one of these could be guaranteed, it's pretty darn romantic. There are some nice views from some of the other rooms. Other than that, I'd definitely suggest the Loew's over the O'Callaghan. There are no other hotels in Annapolis...they are all chains about 3 miles out.

The smaller B&Bs generally have better ratings than the hotels, The Flag House Inn and the Inn at Horn Point both get recent high marks...

PA
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for anniversary weekend

I just stayed at a Bed and Breakfast - William Page Inn. I'd recommend that place as a quite inn that is very nice. The innkeeper, Robert, was great. My review should be posted in another day or two.

Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for anniversary weekend

If you like B & Bs check out the web site for the Royal Folly. It's on College Ave. across from St. John's College and a pleasant walk to the historic sites and harbor.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for anniversary weekend

If location, location, location is what you want, stay at the Marriott.

Or, try the Governor Calvert House on State Circle.

www.annapolisinns.com/governor-house.php