We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington DC to Annapolis

Which Annapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Washington DC to Annapolis

I am in Washington for a week from the 4th of September. I would love to visit Annapolis one weekday. However all the MARC trains seem to run in the afternoon ? I am after some advice. I want to leave about 10am and I am wary of hiring a car for the day as I get lost in Liverpool all the time. Can anyone help me out.

Cheers

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washington DC to Annapolis

Rent a car . MARC train doesn't go to annapolis.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Washington DC to Annapolis

As I said, I do not fancy hiring a car, is there no buses.? If not I will have to give it a miss.

Cheers

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washington DC to Annapolis

Shame to give it a miss as they are so close. Check out greyhound bus schedules. Not in front of a computer right now. Whatever transport options are available should be easily found on the net.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Washington DC to Annapolis

http://www.dillonbus.com/commuters.php

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,696 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Washington DC to Annapolis

The problem with the commuter bus schedule is they cater to people going TO Washington in the morning and FROM Washington in the afternoon. You cannot catch a commuter bus from Washington in the morning and return in the afternoon from Annapolis.

If you're not able to rent a car I would have to suggest missing it. Greyhound does not offer direct service from Washington to Annapolis, you'd have to go to Baltimore and transfer, the trip would take hours.

6. Re: Washington DC to Annapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 25, 2010