We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navy Vs. La. Tech

Which Annapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Navy Vs. La. Tech

I'm going to the football game (son plays)and wanted some advise on a few things. I'll be coming in on Thursday and planning to spending the day sightseeing in the Annapolis area on Friday. I'll be staying a one of the Hotels at the Baltimore airport and driving in on Friday and Saturday for the Game. Is the the downtown area close to the Stadium (walking distance) where to park. Also, after the game and probably on Thursday I plan on going downtown for something to eat and watch football games on TV. Any recommendations on good place to eat (doesn't have to be fancy-just good crabs) and sports bar to watch games? Any parking garages between town and naval Academy? What you think?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navy Vs. La. Tech

Downtown is walking distance to the stadium, it is a long walk, but doable (and relatively nice as most of it on the College Creek bridge).

There is parking at the stadium but it requires a parking pass. There are a couple of private lots close to the stadium if you get there early. Gotts Garage on Calvert is the closet parking to the stadium.

Most bars downtown will have football games. I meantioned a couple in an ealier post. There are no crabhouses downtown, but it by crabs you meant crabcakes, everyone has a version. I personally like them best at Galway Bay, but everyone has their favorite places.

A closer option to the airport for crabcakes would be G&M in Lithincum, which is always mentioned in th best crabcakes in MD discussions.

2. Re: Navy Vs. La. Tech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, March 09, 2010